Our Response to Covid19
We are very happy to announce that we are reopening our office on Monday May 25th after our closure due to Covid-19. We will be calling all our patients whose appointments were cancelled in the past two months to book a new visit. We ask for your patience and understanding as it will take some time to get everyone rebooked.
We have been working hard to enhance our safety protocols, following guidelines from the College of Dental Surgeons of BC, the BC Center for Disease Control and WorkSafe BC. We will be implementing the following changes in the office, but please note that we may modify our procedures as we receive additional guidance:
- We will be prescreening all our patients prior to their appointments. This will involve answering questions about Covid-19 symptoms and risk factors. We will be happy to reschedule your visit if you feel at all unwell or someone in your household has been sick in the last two weeks.
- We are asking for only the scheduled patient to come into the office and to have parents, guardians, siblings and friends wait in the car. If the patient is a minor or very anxious we ask that only one parent come into the office with the patient. In some cases we will request that one parent come to the appointment to discuss the orthodontic treatment. We greatly regret that we have to change our open door policy as we have always enjoyed having parents/guardians/siblings and even friends come back into the clinic area with our patients.
- Please wear a mask to your appointment. If you do not have one, we can provide one.
- Please brush and floss your teeth AT HOME before you come to your orthodontic. appointment as we can no longer allow brushing in the office as part of our safety protocol. We also recommend you use the washroom AT HOME before coming to the office.
- Once in the clinic, patients will be asked to wash their hands and use a mouth rinse. They will also be requested to wash their hands prior to leaving the clinic. Hand sanitizer is also available.
- We have taken the following steps to facilitate social distancing:
- We are limiting the number of patients in our office at any one time
- We are staggering appointment times and therefore we request that patients come on time to their appointment and call us if unable to do so.
- Patients will exit the office through our back door thereby avoiding contact with patients entering the office. There is no need to stop again at the front desk as we will contact you to make the next appointment and we will take payments over the phone.
- Although your orthodontic treatment will remain the same we may look a little different as we will be wearing face shields as well as masks. Our team feels a great responsibility to our patients. We will be working extended hours and extra hard to complete your orthodontic treatment on schedule and with the same excellent results that we are known for! Thank you again for your patience in these trying times.
Brandon Huang and Sara Shamloo